Drivers using PrePass weigh station bypass services in North Carolina will soon be able to bypass 10 additional weigh stations in the state, PrePass has announced.
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol says it has seen success at the existing PrePass sites at the Hillsborough weigh stations along I-40 and wants to expand the service.
PrePass parent company Help Inc. says the following locations will be able to process PrePass-qualified trucks within approximately 60 days:
- I-95 northbound near Lumberton
- I-95 southbound in Halifax County
- I-85 northbound in Gaston County
- I-85 southbound near Charlotte
- I-77 southbound near Mount Airy
- I-77 northbound near Mount Airy
- I-40 eastbound near Asheville
- I-26 westbound near Hendersonville
- I-40 eastbound near Statesville
- I-40 westbound near Statesville
“On behalf of the North Carolina State Highway Patrol, we are pleased to see the expansion of PrePass in our state,” says Lt. Terry Robinson, head of NCSHP’s commercial vehicle enforcement programs. “Building on the success of the original integration of PrePass with NCPass at Hillsborough, we look forward to providing increased efficiencies to facilitate safe freight movement in North Carolina.”
If you would like help setting up your NCPass Contact Us